Thinking about college?

Whether you are a high school student, a new college student or a returning college student, check out assistance available to help you pay for college.

Are you a high school student wanting to take a technical course to learn a trade?
You can take that course tuition free as a high school junior or senior who meets residency requirements for enrollment in any technical course considered to be a “tiered” technical course. You may, however, need to pay for textbooks, program fees or other additional fees that may apply. Talk with your high school counselor or the college for more details.

Are you a high school student wishing to begin your college education early?
Save time and money by enrolling in college classes offered at your high school. To qualify, you must meet certain requirements. Check with your high school counselor or your local college for details.

Financial Aid

Need help paying for college?
If you are beyond high school and want to attend college, submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Federal Student Aid, a part of the U.S. Department of Education, offers more than $150 billion each year to help millions of students pay for higher education. Federal student aid covers such expenses as:

  • tuition and fees
  • room and board
  • books and supplies 
  • transportation

Aid can also help pay for other related expenses, such as a computer or dependent care.

Thousands of schools across the country participate in the federal student aid programs; ask the schools you’re interested in if they do.

To find out what might be available to you from the college of your choice:

  1. Visit the college’s financial aid page on its website, or ask someone in the financial aid office.
  2. Check with the department that offers your course of study; they might have a scholarship for students with your major.
  3. Fill out all applications the college requires for its own aid and meet all the deadlines.

You can also contact the Kansas Board of Regents (click to link to website) at 785- 296-3421 to see if you might be eligible for financial aid from the State of Kansas.

Colleges Icon


Find all 19 Kansas Community Colleges on our interactive map.

Read more

Calendar Icon


Check the calendar for upcoming KACCT events and meetings.

Read more

Magnifier Icon


Find the college that has the program you seek or browse to see all your options.

Read more